You usually create a Spotify playlist to share it with as many people as possible. However, sometimes you want a playlist to keep to yourself.
Unlike the Spotify mobile app, you can’t use the private option on the desktop app, but you can get the same effect by hiding the playlist.
Hiding a Playlist on the Spotify Desktop App
- Open Spotify on your desktop.
- Click on the LIBRARY option and then the PLAYLISTS button to show all your playlists on the platform.
- Right-click on the playlist you wish to hide and click REMOVE FROM PROFILE.
Other people can no longer see your playlist on your profile after this.
These steps work on both PC and Mac desktops.
Making a Playlist Private on the Spotify Mobile App
This works for both Android and iOS:
- Open the Spotify App on your mobile device.
- Tap YOUR LIBRARY and then PLAYLISTS to show all the ones on your profile.
- Tap on the ellipses of the playlist you want to make private to show the menu.
- Choose the MAKE PRIVATE option.
The playlist is now only visible to you.
You can make your Spotify playlist public again whenever you want.
If you want to know who liked your Spotify playlist, you can look at this article!