Spotify playlists enable you to create a collection of your favorite songs on the platform. You can share a playlist with other Spotify users when you make it public. A private one is only visible to you.
It takes less than a minute to change the status of your playlist from private to public or vice versa. Making your playlist public allows your family, friends, and everyone else to find it when they search for it. They can also save it if they want.
The steps below show how you can make your playlist public on Spotify. They cover both desktop and mobile apps.
Make Your Spotify Playlist Public on a Computer
- Open Spotify on your PC or Mac computer.
- Find the playlist you want to edit in the PLAYLISTS section in the left sidebar.
- Select the playlist and click on the ellipses to the right of the PLAY button.
- Click on MAKE PUBLIC in the menu options that pop up to change the privacy status of the playlist.
You can follow the same steps and click MAKE SECRET if you want to reverse the action.
Change Your Spotify Playlist Public on a Mobile Device
- Open the Spotify app on your Android or iOS device.
- Tap MY LIBRARY at the right bottom corner of the screen.
- Find the playlist you want to edit in the PLAYLISTS section of the library.
- You should see the ellipses at the top right corner of the screen. Tap on it.
- Select the MAKE PUBLIC option from the menu that pops up.
The steps are the same if you want to make your playlist private again. Instead of MAKE PUBLIC, you have to choose the MAKE SECRET option instead.
You should note that even for a public playlist, only its creator can add, subtract, change the privacy settings, or delete it.