The steps below will guide you through how to add Canvas to your Spotify if your profile meets the condition referenced earlier for the feature.
- Locate the song you want to modify in your Spotify for Artist profile.
- Click on Create/Manage Canvas and then on the plus sign (+) that shows up on the next page.
- This opens a window for you to choose the video you want to add as Canvas.
- The video is supposed to be between 3-8 seconds. You will therefore have to trim it if it is longer.
- Review the Canvas and then click Next to complete the process.
- You should always ensure that you have the permission required for whatever video you use in your creation.
- Share your Spotify Canvas on social media and watch it in action.
You can check how many people have viewed the Canvas through a panel on the music tab of your Spotify for Artists profile. The numbers there should help with your analytics.
Spotify claims that Canvas can grow the number of times your song gets shared by 145%. It also increases playlist additions by 20%, song streams by 5%, and visits to your artist profile by 9%.