Only the creator of a Spotify playlist can edit it even though they share it with others. Use the steps described below to change the cover image of your playlist on Spotify.
Change Spotify Playlist Cover on Mobile and Tablet
The process is the same on all mobile devices. You can follow the steps below to change the cover of your Spotify playlist regardless of whether you use an Android or iOS device.
- Open your Spotify app on the device and navigate to your playlists. You can find this in the LIBRARY section.
- Tap the three dots at the top of your playlist. The dots are horizontal on iOS and vertical on Android.
- Choose EDIT PLAYLIST on the menu that opens up.
- Tap CHANGE IMAGE and select the picture you want to use for your playlist cover.
- Tap SAVE after your selection.
Change Spotify Playlist Cover on Desktop and Web Player
Navigate to the playlist you want to edit. You can find your playlists in the YOUR LIBRARY section on the left-sidebar of the page.
- Select the playlist you want to edit.
- Click on the ellipses under the name of the playlist.
- Choose EDIT DETAILS in the menu that shows up.
- Hover on the current photo to show the CHOOSE PHOTO option. Click on it when it appears.
- Select the picture on your desktop that you want to use and click OPEN.
- Choose SAVE to confirm your selection.
You should note that the image you use should not violate any organization or individual’s copyright, trademark, or image rights. Adding an aesthetic Spotify playlist cover is important to attract your audience.