Spotify playlists help you customize your listening experience. They are also one of the best ways to recommend music to others on the platform.
You can create playlists on the platform regardless of its version.
Creating a Playlist on Your Desktop
- Open Spotify in your browser or the app you downloaded on your computer.
- Click on the New Playlist button. This option is usually at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- In the winder that pops up, enter the playlist name you want, a description, and a cover image.
- Click Create when you finish.
Spotify will immediately open the playlist for you to add songs to it. Your playlist name will also pop up in the left sidebar.
You can now drag any song you want to the name on the left sidebar.
A green plus sign will appear over it to signify adding the one selected.
Drop the song when it appears.
Alternatively, you can click the options for a song and select Add to Playlist.
The list of your current playlists will pop up for you to choose the one you want to update with the song.
Creating a Playlist on Your Mobile App
This method doesn’t differ too much from the process on your desktop.
- Log in to your Spotify app.
- Tap the Your Library icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Choose the plus sign icon at the top-right corner.
- Enter the name you want for your playlist.
- Tap Create when you finish. You can now add songs to your playlist.
Spotify allows you to edit or delete your playlist whenever you want. Also, if you want to know about your listening habits, you can look at your Spotify stats.